There is a new and explosive trend in the world of gambling and sports betting? Internet sports betting where millions of people enjoy legal online sports betting wagering many billions of dollars each year. The Internet offers many opportunities for offshore sportsbook betting and has revolutionised the way people bet. With any new form of betting there are always dangers and pitfalls that you have to look out for. Online sports betting is no exception. Although online sportsbooks have made it easier to bet on all your favourite sports the internet is riddled with unsafe and unlicensed sportsbooks that are only too happy to take your money and run. It is these cowboys that have made it more difficult for the legitimate safe, regulated and licensed online sportsbetting industry to operate, and they have given the industry as a whole a bad name.
Therefore it is imperative that anyone who may be considering throwing some money at their favourite team or sport, look closely at the online sports betting site they are betting with. There are a number of factors to consider when assessing whether to open an account with an online sportsbook.
1) Is the sportsbook licensed by a government licensing authority? Their web site should state the country the book is licensed in. If there is no mention of their licensing information on their web site then it is highly probable that they are not licensed by any government agency. Betting with an unlicensed betting outfit is akin to throwing your money away. Also some countries have more stringent regulations, oversee their licensees more closely, and require more funds for them to operate, eg. UK.
2) Internet Security – Is the sportbook using the latest internet security mechanisms? Most reputable betting outfits have highly advanced security on their websites to prevent personal and banking information being exposed and breached. mtpolice-1st.com/
3) Depositing options. The sportsbook must have a number of depositing options and preferably accept 3rd party e-wallets such as Neteller and Moneybookers. Using a 3rd party e-wallet service such as Neteller reduces the need to send personal and financial information to every book you sign up with.
4) 24 hour customer support by phone and email. Most of the reputable sportsbooks offer 24 hour support by phone, email and online chat.
5) Incorporates extensive features offering a variety of betting types and competitive odds. Some offer a multitude of betting types and other features such as statistics on all of their betting products. Some may specialise in betting on a particular sport and may offer the best odds for that sport but offer lousy odds on others. For this reason many professional bettors shop around and open accounts with a number of reputable sportsbooks to receive the best deals.
In summary these are the main factors I consider when deciding on opening an account with a sportsbook. With the convenience of the internet it is so much easier to do the research and to make an informed decision. Many sports betting sites offer the ability to compare the odds of a number of reputable sportsbooks so you know where the best odds and deals are.